NOLS Wilderness Mountaineering 3rd Edition
This edition of NOLS Wilderness Mountaineering covers the most current practices, equipment, and risk management techniques in mountain climbing.
- Includes a new essay on transitioning from climbing gyms to real rock
- New rescue system illustrations for both glacier and rock settings.
- Up-to-date and thorough introduction to the basics of wilderness mountaineering
- Includes the core mountaineering curriculum at NOLS
- Ideal resource for what it takes to climb and travel in the mountains
Contributors include: Rob Hess, Don Sharaf, Nate Ostis, John Gookin, Dave Anderson, Paul Koubek, and illustrations by Jon Cox