NOLS/LNT Soft Paths- 4th Edition
NOLS/ LNT Soft Paths details minimum impact techniques for a wide variety of environments. It outlines how outdoor lovers can do a better job when enjoying wildland. This book outlines not only how, but more importantly, why.
- Leave No Trace, minimum impact skills and ethics
- New research and field experience prescribe better minimum-impact techniques for wilderness use
- Expanded information on camping practices
- How far you should camp from water, where to pitch your tent, how to build a fire or if you should build one in the first place
- Respecting and caring for wildlands, doing your part to protect our limited resources and future recreation opportunities
- Trampling, litter, waste disposal, fire use, wildlife health, and protecting cultural resources
Rich Brame has taught NOLS conservation practices in the wilderness on five continents. He also headed up NOLS' early Leave No Trace curriculum development, partnerships, and educational strategy. He lives in Lander, Wyoming, and works as NOLS' alumni relations director.
Copyright © 2011 National Outdoor Leadership School
Dimensions: 5.25" x 8.25" x 0.5"