Lightning strikes the ground somewhere on earth on average one hundred times a second, which poses a real threat to people and property. With the right information, you can minimize your risk and avoid the most hazardous situations.
- Draws on advice from experts, based on 15 years of research
- Prepares outdoor enthusiasts to make careful decisions and informed observations
- Field guide for making careful decisions in the backcountry and relying on informed observation
- Explains lightning science with simple language and illustrations
- Excellent resource for understanding one of the most iconic natural spectacles
Publisher: Stackpole Books (June 1, 2014)